Inspirational

Inspirational

Monday, April 25, 2011

This Blogging Thing... Harder than I Thought... :)

Okay.  I must admit.  I am new to the blogging world.  I have followed a few, owed them many of moments of inspiration, I must add.  Stolen a few pictures off of their blogspots to add to my design inspiration portfolio.  But not until a week ago, did I decide to jump in and enter the world of blogging myself.  I have moved to a new town and am attempting to re-establish myself as an interior designer here.  The high profile of the customer base here required that I make myself more visible than I have had to in the past.  I had the option to do a website, I chose a blog.  I thought it would be a quicker, easier way to get my style out to those who were interested, and hopefully my personality along with it...  After looking through some of my favorite blogs this morning - none other than cote de texas - and a few others that popped up as I searched endless images of Something's Gotta Give kitchen images .... I realized this is serious business.  The bloggers who really have something to offer us have taken a lot of time to dissect images and infuse their personalities and expertise into their articles and comments.  I am wondering now why I didn't pursue a journalism degree.  It may have come in handy in this world of blogging.  Well, today I get started.  Still without a picture of me - soon to come.  Without any pictures of work I have done - soon to come.  Without pictures of projects I am currently working on - soon to come.  Without a solid direction of what I want to share or accomplish - soon to be defined.  :)  But here I go.  I am excited about the contacts I will make, the inspirations I will receive, and the ability to touch hearts and minds and exchange creativity with people outside this tiny, precious little community of Cle Elum, Washington.  As I write, I sit at this computer, looking out magnificently over-sized windows at mountain ranges all around me. I believe I should take a picture of them as well.

First order of the day:  Find The Pioneer Woman.  I received her cookbook while visiting my in-laws back in Idaho from a gal who thought our stories matched.  I too, a bit of a city girl, fell in love with a cowboy and live on a ranch.  No beautiful babies in our future - except grandchildren someday from our newly enlarged family.  But a  very clear desire has emerged to be more domestic, more real, cook more, create memories, and soak in all the authenticity and slower pace of my husband's true blue beautiful steady character.  So, off I go to figure out how all this works.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment