Inspirational

Inspirational

Monday, April 25, 2011

Picture of the Day

I just have to post this picture because it makes me stop, and absorb and one word comes to mind.  In this kitchen, I could "breathe."




The focus of design for so many years has been on rich and luxurious and deep colors which all seem to speak to our desire for things to look like we actually spent some money on them.  I understand that concept.  Designing and decorating costs money, usually.  But there is something to say for just doing it right, listening to what you want your home and surroundings to feel like, and staying true to yourself.  I live in a ranch house - a very brown one.  Pine cabinets, terra cotta floors, tan and rust walls.  Beautiful.  Great big huge windows to take in the breathtaking views all around me.  But I wish I could decorate the entire home with seagrass and white slip covered furniture and glass vases and greenery and vintage pottery and huge barn wood framed chalk boards.  There is something about beautiful and simple and creative and linen and slip covers that speaks to me louder than any $300/yd fabric.  I love this picture.  Maybe you will see what I see in it too.  Simplicity.  Beauty.  Spring.  Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment