Inspirational

Inspirational

Monday, May 2, 2011

I love linen!

Okay, this is going to be a quickie post but it was inspired by a deep-seated love for linen and seeing a neat website down the side of one of the blogs I follow and deciding to click on it.  I wonder if this is how ironic success finds you on the internet.... Hmmmmm.  Well, anyway.  Anyone who knows me knows I love linen, and other light natural casual textures.  This goes back awhile.  I was a freak over linen dress pants and linen suits when I first entered the working world in the early 90s.  Didn't matter that most of my skirts were knee length with a small slit and were so insanely wrinkled by the end of the day, the slit would barely stay shut.  I realize this was a deterrent for most people to not buy linen.  But I just didn't care.  I can remember my first linen suit.  Light pink.  Second:  bright emerald green.  Third:  gold.  Fourth:  black.  Now I own none.  I think I have to go shopping!!!! :)

I have three children - well 5 now !! :) - and the bulk of my furniture is white slip-covered cotton.  My personal bedding is mostly linen or linen blends.  I just love the casualness, timeliness, texture and earthy tones of it.  I grabbed this amazing photo off that website I told you about so I just must give them credit.  But pretty much right now, if you want to get my designing blood a-boiling....  show me a picture of Pom Pom at Home or French Laundry.  The gal I used to work with every single day of some of the funnest days of my life, Lenae Haugen, owns this awesome design store in Moses Lake called Silver Sage Design Studio. We just couldn't help ourselves but gobble up linen, ruffles, organic cotton and burlap pillows and bedding and lamps to fill the store.  To our surprise and possible regret, we quickly remembered that is not what most of her customers loved.  Whoops!!!  But for the few who did... we swore we were all going to become new best friends.  It is so cottage-y and romantic and casual.  There is just something that makes me think everyone should have a guest bedroom that comes straight out of a French Laundry ad.  So, kudos to this gal, whomever she may be... that has a totally cool online store called "Rough Linen."  I would put these curtains all over my house and I would make every single one of my friends buy them too.


But while I'm going on and on about linen.  I guess I'll share a few more photos of why I love linen.  For all of you 5 of my followers out there who may love linen as well... :) ... hehe.  Here you go!










love love love.  3 loves.  don't need additional words nor to connect the dots for you.  if you love linen, you'll love the photos.  I'm off to make lunch for my daughter.  :)  Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment